please excuse mePosted: April 18, 2010
excuse the lack of posting – i’m in san diego and in my own personal food heaven. between great mexican food, sushi, sorbet, vino, friends, momma, puppies, and sunshine… well, i just can’t face sitting inside at the computer (until right now) and writing a full post.
allergy-friendly highlights of this trip include:
- coconut milk yogurt
- sushi that doesn’t involve mayonnaise
- fresh fresh fresh veggies, avocados, fruit
- refreshing sorbet at an ice cream shop
- phil arriving back in the uk before they stopped all flights! (that’s not related to allergies, just good news)
- being allergic to my mom’s puppy (but i love him so much!)
- hearing of all the awful consequences of this volcanic ash
- not being able to be in 3 places at once! one of which would definitely be coachella this weekend.
- phil not being allowed to take his massive jif peanut butter jar on the plane with him. apparently it’s classed as a “liquid”. idiots.
i’m here on the west coast til wednesday, then heading back east to philadelphia for a few days. i haven’t been a very good blogger on this trip, despite having my laptop with me and some extremely reliable wifi everywhere! for that i am sorry. i blame good times.
here’s a photo of my delicious meal on my second night here with a great friend. it is called “papa rancho” from a place called rancho’s here in san diego. one of my favorite places to eat in the world.